Thursday, December 13, 2012

Taking Stock

Back in January, 2011, I started this blog because I was constantly having thoughts rolling around in my head that I wanted to share. Well, at least put into writing and make it available to anyone who was interested in hearing the things I might have to say. They wouldn't be earth shattering, just my thoughts.

Along the way there have been times that I have had so much going on in my head that the posts came fast and furious, and there have been times when I have really had very little to say. I have shared the grandparent experience on occasion, but there have also been areas of my life that have not been shared here - and often it has been those times which have accounted for the periods of inactivity.

While I never meant this to be deliberately controversial, it has been in the past, and I suspect it will again at times in the future. As always, talking about the events of September 11, 2001 brings about a response, and I will continue my yearly tributes to that dreadful day.

Recently I have been getting back into serious photography as many of you know, and having spent the last 2 decades of my professional career in a rather creative role, I have been filling my retirement with the creativity that my photography affords me. Some of that photography can be seen at my photo blog, Gathered Images. In addition to that, I have been enjoying taking part in group creativity with such blog hops as A Snap, A Set and A Song, Friday Favorites, and Wordless Wednesday (the last occurring on my Disney blog, Reporting From Disney World). However, as much fun as it has been, I am now feeling that they have taken over Thoughts From the Dark Side and have diverted it from what I originally intended to do with it, so you will now find those posts over at The Missing Link and I can get back to basics over here.

Have I accomplished what I wanted when I first sat down at the keyboard and typed the very first post on this site? Yes and no. For two years I have been sharing but it has not always been my thoughts and opinions. In the coming year I intend to remedy that. There is certainly enough going on at all levels and I always have something to say about that. I will continue to share on the creative level, but more in the way of the written word. In the end I am writing for myself and if anyone reads it, it is simply a bonus, but I still would like to hear your thoughts on the things I say. In other words, use the comments section - I really do enjoy hearing from you. It doesn't matter if you agree with me ... disagree with me ... or aren't even sure ... use the comments section below to let me know what it is your head.

Thank you to all who have stuck around and to those who have recently discovered Thoughts From the Dark Side.

In the meantime, let me take this moment to wish you a Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwaanza, or simply a Happy Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment