Thursday, April 19, 2012

Country

My friend Thea has come up with a weekly creative challenge that she calls, "A Snap, A Set, and a Song." All "snaps" will be my own. Thea's "set" refers to fashion, but after 17 years in the women's fashion industry, I will mostly take it in a different direction (though I am not discounting ever using a fashion theme). Today will be my first participation.

The theme this week is Country, and while I know she had a different meaning from that which I am presenting here, I hope you enjoy it.

If you would like to participate, either this week or in the future, visit her at



First the snap


Next - the set

I was originally just going to do a snap and a song, but what topic leaves itself open for a set better than this? Our name says it - we are a united set of 50 sometimes similar/often not states.



Then the song

Although in 1931 The Star Spangled Banner officially became the National Anthem of the United States, prior to that "America" was widely accepted and sung as the anthem. I went to school in the 1950's and 1960's and rather than The Star Spangled Banner, we were still singing America each morning along with the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag. (You will notice that the melody was borrowed from another country to which we used to have a connection.)


1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Mark! I'm loving the interpretations of the theme. Your snap is beautiful, I love your idea for the set, and I hadn't heard the song before. Thanks for linking and I'm looking forward to more snaps, sets & songs from you! :)

    ReplyDelete