Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Snap, A Set and A Song - Water

It's time again to link up with Thea at A Snap, A Set and A Song for this week's theme of Water.

This one had me thinking a little bit. While I have lots of pictures with water in them, I wanted it to be a bit unique and something that you would know was "me".

The Snap

Anyone who has gone to Walt Disney World (or Disneyland in California or Tokyo) and has ridden The Jungle Cruise, is familiar with Schweitzer Falls, named after (of course) that famous African adventurer, Dr. Albert Falls. However, the highlight of The Jungle Cruise has to be this view as you go behind Schweitzer Falls ... so ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present to you ... The Backside of Water. *



The Set

Growing up in Brooklyn, I lived just a handful of train stops away from Coney Island. Before there was a Walt Disney World, or even a Disneyland, Coney Island was MY Disney World. At one time there were three very famous amusement parks there, but by the time I was born, only one, Steeplechase, was still in operation. Before the days of air travel, Coney Island boasted the most popular beach in the United States. My set presents a history of the fashions of swimwear (there's your "fashion" again) you would have seen there over the years. (Many of these shots actually were taken on the Coney Island beach, including the background.)

 

The Song

Back in Walt Disney World, one of the things that we enjoy doing in our down time from the theme parks, is taking a boat out on one of the many waterways that you will find in WDW. This area is our favorite as we can boat past resorts, golf courses, and Downtown Disney. So join me, my wife and my daughter on one such boat ride.



* For those of you unfamiliar with this classic Disney attraction, it is known for its launch skippers with their terrible puns and bad jokes, many of which - such as "the backside of water" - are legendary!


5 comments:

  1. LOL one of those older stlye mens bathers photo's has a young man with a mohawk!
    Love the concept of the 'backside of water.' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After your recent water adventure (or lack thereof) any water would probably be welcome. :-0

      Delete
  2. The backside of water...hehe! Great snap.
    And hoooley schmoooley that blue bikini is scary!! lol
    Thanks for taking us on a boat ride, I loved it.

    Great snap, set & song again this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love waterfalls - that is a great shot! The change in beach fashion is quite alarming really. Imagine the girl in the dress seeing the girl in the bikini! The boat ride looks fun and relaxing - we need to visit a theme park, I'm thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete