Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Snap, A Set and A Song - Clouds

After Hurricane Sandy - followed by a snowy nor'easter - knocked NYC off the grid, I once again have electricity and internet ... something that many of my fellow Staten Islanders still don't have. Of course, many Staten Islanders - as well as others here in the Northeast ... no longer have homes, so I have been lucky.

While I am a bit late, I am once again joining with Thea at A Snap, A Set and a Song for this week's theme of Clouds.

Although many of us have seen and photographed clouds in the past, the most dramatic of those pictures are taken as the sun is either rising or setting, so ...

The Snap

My snap was taken as the sun was just peeking over the tree line on a crisp Autumn morning in the Pocono Mountains



The Set

My set is a series taken at the other end of the day ... sunset.




The Song

This song - which I used for a High School filmmaking (and I mean real film - no digital back in the 60's!) project back in the day - always comes into my mind when someone mention clouds. (I can't believe that Joni Mitchell is 69 years old now.)


1 comment:

  1. Love the snap and the set, such pretty sunset photos!
    And perfect song for the theme. So happy to see you back on SS&S. :)

    ReplyDelete