Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Snap, A Set and A Song - Gold





Time once again to link with Thea at A Snap, A Set and A Song for this week's theme of Gold. Stop by her site to see her take - and possibly join us with your own post.




A Snap

At first I didn't know what direction to go in for this theme, as I have set myself a rule that the SNAP will only be a photo that I myself have taken, and I was about to go away for a few days so I didn't have the time to take one specifically for this theme. Then I realized that the hotel I was heading to is quite gold itself.

I did not take this photo.
However, when I arrived (actually I am at this hotel at the moment), the fog was so thick that I couldn't even see the hotel, let alone photograph it. I am on the 35th floor and can't see an inch out of my window either!

So, what to do? Then as I was downstairs, getting my coffee, I had a look at the holiday decorations that are down there and found this ... a gold ornament!


The Set

In 1962 I went to the movies to see a little spy movie which appeared to be becoming quite popular ... Dr. No. The James Bond series continues until today, but perhaps the best (and best known) of all of the movies fits this week's theme.



The Song

And perhaps the best known song in the series, performed by Dame Shirley Bassey ...




1 comment:

  1. Hey, our snaps are very similar! Love yours!!
    I was just saying to Rob recently that I can't wait for Isaac to be old enough to watch Bond movies with us. We watched a Top Gear special on 50 Years of Bond Cars last week...he loved that. I'm looking forward to watching the new Bond movie.
    Great song...how good are Bond themes!?!

    Thanks for another great SS&S
    Hope you're enjoying your holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete